Best listened to alone, somewhere comfortable, on warm headphones, and perhaps in the dark.
"Side A / Side B" is a ten-minute tandem poetry meditation created by Tom Hogan and Eleanor Jackson, for vocals and guitar, which premiered in 2013 at the Queensland Poetry Festival.
Designed to be experienced by two people at the same time, "Side A / Side B" asks only that you take a seat, choose a side and conjure up the face of the one you love. The original installation seats two participants opposite each other, with degradable sound (tape or vinyl) on headphones. The two meditations are structured to move listeners through three distinct movements, using language and sound to create a hypnotic, contemplative place of love and loss.
"Side A / Side B" has been featured at the following events:
- Crack Theatre Festival (Oct 2014)
- Queensland Poetry Festival (Aug 2013)
- Brisbane Fringe Festival, as part of 'House Re-Wired' (Aug 2013)
- FBi Radio's All The Best: XOXO (Nov 2013)
- FBi Radio's All The Best: Old And New (Dec 2013)
- Dickson St Space, Newtown (Apr 2014)